Good New! CompTechS will re-open soon. Please stand by (1/28/2014).
About the CompTechS Program
Learn Computer Technical Support Skills
The CompTechS program's goal is to help students transition to the professional work environment within the information technology field. The program provides the training and real world experience essential for entry into a technical support position. Add to or start your resume with a real job in your field of study.
How to Apply
Download the 3-part Application Packet:
Phase I: Preparation & Application
Phase II: CompTechS Internship
- Once your are accepted into the program, you will need to:
- Complete hiring paperwork
- Maintain enrollment of at least 6 units at Foothill or De Anza
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Commit to working 4-12 hours per week
Phase III: Industry Internship
Qualified students may have an opportunity to apply for paid industry-based internships. Previous CompTechS interns have worked in IT departments at companies such as Yahoo, Synopsys, Molecular Devices, HP and Genomic Health.
Duties can include:
- Managing returns on warranties
- Packing and shipping replacement
- Installing, supporting and troubleshooting systems
- Performing planned maintenance
- Remote phone support
Students selected by one of our outside employers will be expected to work up to 25 hours per week while school is in session and 40 hours per week during school breaks. Interns are paid and must commit to a minimum of 6 months
For more information, contact our CompTechS Computer Lab coordinator.
Joseph Lipsig, CompTechS Computer Lab Coordinator
The lab is located in the Seminar Building, Room 1B.
For a copy of the program, click the following link: