What is MLT?
The Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) program prepares students to work as medical laboratory technicians in clinical laboratories, industry and biotechnology. The MLT curriculum combines classroom lectures, student laboratories and clinical training to foster the analytical and problem solving skills required in this profession.
Graduates who successfully complete the MLT program are eligible to sit for national certification exams offered by American Society for Clinical Pathology and the American Association of Bioanalysts (AAB).
The De Anza College MLT Program is currently accredited through 2029 by the National
Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), which can be contacted at 5600 N. River Rd., Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018-5119
or 773.714.8880. It is approved by the Laboratory Field Services unit of the California Department of Health Services until Dec. 1, 2022.
New application policy. Please see details below.
MLT Information Meeting:
- Information Meeting June 28th at 7:00pm
Please Join Our Zoom Meeting
- Invitation to Follow:
ALERT: New application policy
- Starting Jan. 2021; applications will be accepted for a 1-week period at the beginning of each quarter (Fall, Winter, Spring ). Applications are put in order received.
- Applications must be complete, including a copy of the CPT-1 license. Click on the link for application information.
- All completed applications will be put in order received and maintained as a wait list for the program. Students will be admitted in the order of the wait list.
Applicants must submit their application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For foreign transcript evaluations please visit the Laboratory Field Services website for detail information for course by course evaluation.
LFS will accept course by course educational transcript evaluations complete by "Current Members" of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), and "Endorsed Members" of the Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE)
- You must submit your original transcripts to LFS