California Youth Leadership Corps
Paid Community Field Placement Application
- Applications are currently closed. Please check back for the next round.
Participants in the CYLC program at De Anza College will earn college credit and be provided paid internships as an integral part of a learn-and-earn pathway that can lead to a career in community change.
The CYLC program at De Anza aims to help youth with low incomes and youth of color to find meaningful employment doing work that is of benefit to their communities, while also helping them learn community organizing skills. Students will be placed with partner organizations who do work in our communities. Immigration status, and age are not barriers to participation. Participants do not need to have a high school diploma to enroll at De Anza College.
Students in the program will
- Participate in a 12-week paid field placement for 10-19 hours per week at a grassroots community organization or mentoring other corps members
- Participate in team meetings, trainings, and mentorship
- Get $19.87 per hour for internship hours and meetings
- Sign up for six quarter units of coursework designed for this program, which count toward De Anza College’s Certificate in Leadership and Social Change
- Be eligible for up to $10,000 over a two-year period for this work.
The CYLC program runs from Sept. 26, 2022 to June 30, 2023 and is remote, so location is not an issue. Space is limited. Applicants must be 18 years or older.
For more information: Contact Brenda Carrillo, Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or Cynthia Kaufman, VIDA director, email@example.com
If you are a community organization and would like to supervise a CYLC member at your site, we are able to offer $350 stipend to you for each student you host. For more information:
- Download a one-page summary of the program
- Contact Brenda Carrillo, Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or Cynthia Kaufman, VIDA director, email@example.com