We're Available In Person and On Zoom
Make an Appointment
You can schedule a time to speak with a counselor or veterans resource specialist – in person or on Zoom.
Click the button to use the scheduling system:
- To meet with a counselor, select Lan Truong.
- To meet with a resource specialist, select Bertha Sanchez.
Drop In on Zoom
You can "drop in" on Zoom to speak with one of our veterans resource specialists, for quick questions about veterans' benefits, priority registration, college services for veterans, and other topics. No appointment is needed for these Zoom sessions.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Facing a Financial Emergency?We may be able to help. De Anza can provide limited cash grants for students who are military veterans and who are facing a hardship that may interfere with their studies. You can apply online.
You can also contact us by email for assistance.
- All students using GI Bill® benefits, please contact Bertha Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For counseling appointments, please use our online scheduler to arrange a phone or video conference
- Please allow 24-48 hours to receive a response
- Scroll down for easy steps to enroll with VA benefits
The Veteran Services Office at De Anza College is committed to serving all veterans, service members, and their families by proving a variety of services including educational benefits and resources. We are honored to serve you and help you achieve your goals in higher education.
The De Anza Veteran Services Office is dedicated to providing student-veterans and their dependents with services that support the attainment of their academic and career goals.
Apply for Financial Aid
Apply for Admission to De Anza
Apply for VA Educational Benefits
- Complete the online application at VA Educational Benefits
Complete the Assessment Process
- Complete the new student orientation – learn how by visiting the Orientation webpage
Meet with a Counselor
Meet with a School Certifying Official
- Meet with a School Certifying Official and bring the following documents:
- Certificate of eligibility; Ebenefits status of application.
- Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty ( DD- 214 Member 4) ; or current orders.
- Notice of Basic Eligibility (N.O.B.E.) Reservists Only.
- Official Transcripts (unopened)
School Certifying Official in the Veteran Services office:
- Bertha Sanchez
- You must authorize certification each quarter you wish to receive benefits by completing the request for Enrollment Certification Form.
Honoring De Anza's Veterans
We are proud to support our veteran scholars as they pursue academic goals that will frame the next chapters in their lives. Veterans are also represented among the classified professionals, faculty members and administrators who support our students, including those in this video. At De Anza, we honor all military veterans and their service to our country. Thank you for your service.
We're also proud of our veteran students who graduated or transferred in the De Anza College Class of 2022. Please visit our Veterans Graduation website for a special message from De Anza President Lloyd A. Holmes and the VRC staff, plus photos and messages from many of our graduating veterans.
VRC Student Headed to Stanford
De Anza student Ray Ostil has some big changes coming up later this year: He's retiring from the U.S. Army after 20 years of active service – and he's transferring to Stanford University this fall. He and his son shared the excitement in this fun video.
Look for De Anza Veterans on Facebook!
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill