All Student Statuses Are Welcome at the Transfer Center!
The mission of the De Anza Transfer Center is to promote the attainment of educational goals and facilitate student transfer. The Transfer Center provides services and resources to De Anza students, faculty, and support services through the development of transfer agreements and partnerships with select 4-year schools, general transfer counseling, and resource materials.
Here's What We Do
The Transfer Center helps students research their options and make plans for a smooth transition to a four-year university or other institution.
You can speak with a counselor by using the following options.
You can use our online scheduling tool to make an appointment for a counseling session.
If there are no appointments available, please check back, as new appointment times will become available every day.
Drop-in sessions are only 10 minutes with a counselor and are meant for quick questions regarding academic, career, and transfer counseling. These sessions are not meant for completing a comprehensive educational plan, personal counseling or financial aid extension.
Click the button to join a drop -session. You will be asked to log in to your My Portal
Note: If the Drop-In option is greyed out, there is no availability and has reached its capacity of students during that time slot. Please check back later during the posted drop-in hours, or visit General Counseling for their drop-in hours.
Winter 2024 Drop-in Hours
- Monday and Tuesday: 10am - 11:30am (No drop in available on 2/19 (Holiday) and 2/20. Please use General Counseling for
all drop in related questions)
- Wednesday and Thursday: Noon - 1:30pm
- Monday and Tuesday: 10am - 11:30am (No drop in available on 2/19 (Holiday) and 2/20. Please use General Counseling for all drop in related questions)
Virtual Help Desk
Virtual Help Desk
A staff member (not counselor) from our team will review your question and respond through the online system. Questions should be brief and relate to general academic issues only.
For questions regarding these areas, please use the following links:
- Admissions and Records - Student Records/Applications
- Assessment - Testing Appointments
- Evaluations - Transcripts/Degrees/Clear Prerequisite/AP Scores/GE Certifications
- Financial Aid - FAFSA Application/Award Status/Disbursement
- International Student Program
- Majors/Career Explorations
Video: Highlights from Transfer Day 2023
Video: Highlights from the 2023 HBCU Caravan event
Updates and Opportunities
Be sure to check our Updates and Opportunities webpage for useful announcements and information about new opportunities to learn about transfer universities and requirements.
Get tips on planning for a successful transfer from this new video, part of our '80s-themed Video Help Series.
We Can Help With
- Appointments for in-depth transfer planning
- Information about articulation agreements, guaranteed admission and impacted majors
- Access and help with ASSIST.org
- Meetings at De Anza with representatives from UC and CSU campuses, as well as private and out-of-state universities
- Workshops and information sessions covering topics such as the online application process, steps to transfer, Transfer Admission Guarantees and UC Personal Insight Questions
- If you're applying this fall to transfer to UC or CSU, you should know there have been some technical issues with the launch of the redesigned statewide ASSIST website, which normally provides current information on transferable courses.
- You can find more information about by visiting the ASSIST News page on De Anza's website.
- For any questions, contact the Transfer Center.
Make the Most of Your Meeting
- Before your meeting, make a list of questions that you want to ask.
- Be sure you have any records that are relevant to the issues you want to discuss – such as your educational plan, placement information or test scores, or transcripts from other colleges. (For transcript evaluations, visit this Admissions webpage.)
- Be on time!
- If you can't make your appointment, PLEASE let us know: Use the online scheduling system to cancel or reschedule.
Check the Transfer Events page for more information on additional events.
Visit these webpages for useful information to help you plan for a successful transfer.