Join Our Community of Students for SSC Zoom Tutoring!
To access SSC Zoom! and other online tutoring options join the SSC Resources Canvas site. Click on "Modules" then the appropriate content area to find links and schedules for the Zoom virtual tutoring rooms. You'll also find a library of videos and resources to help you succeed. You can also "Click to Join" from our SSC homepage to access live virtual tutors.
The online tutoring vendor services are intended to supplement your learning and work
with our live virtual SSC services. Exhausting your online tutoring vendors hours due to misuse or abuse of the service
may result in limited or loss of access to services for the quarter. This includes repeated submissions of the same essay (not waiting for responses
or submitting for every area of interest), exclusively using question submissions,
or other patterns deemed to circumvent deep learning.
Steps to access NetTutor
- Log into Canvas.
- Select the Dashboard menu.
- Select the "SSC Resources" course or another course .
- Select the NetTutor application from the course menu.
Online Tutoring with Smarthinking is available with limited hours for De Anza students inside MyPortal.
Interact with a live tutor
- Submit a question and receive a reply from a tutor
- Submit an essay or paper for a tutor to review and receive feedback
Steps to Access Smarthinking
- Log into MyPortal.
- Select the "Apps" from the left navigation.
- Under the student application menu, select the Smarthinking app to login.
Tips for De Anza Students: How to provide verification that you used Smarthinking. You might need to do this to get extra credit.