Welcome to Spring Quarter!
Classes Start Monday, April 5
Classes are being held online. Student services are also available online – and we’ll be here to support you all the way!
Spring Services InformationDe Anza's campus is closed to visitors, except in limited circumstances, but most offices and programs can be reached by phone, email or Zoom video. See the list of Online Spring Services for details.
On this webpage, you'll find information about
- How to add a class
- Priority enrollment
- Ordering online from the Bookstore
- Financial aid
- Finding assistance online
- More resources
Here are some useful tips to remember
- For the latest updates and information about Online Spring, including student services, resources and tips for online learning, student services and more, visit our Online Spring webpage at deanza.edu/online-spring.
- Your instructor will provide specific information about how each class will be conducted
- Be sure to check the footnotes in the class listings for each class you are taking – or any class you are considering – to learn whether it has meetings scheduled for certain times
- Check the Academic Calendar for important dates and deadlines
- If you have a question about graduation requirements or choosing the right classes, our counselors can assist you by phone, email or Zoom video.
- Need to reach other offices or student services at De Anza? Check the webpage for that office, or visit the Online Services webpage
- You can still order books, materials and computers from the Bookstore's online store. Click or scroll down for more information about ordering online.
- Remember to visit the Student Resource Hub for Online Learning for tips on using Canvas and other online learning tools.
You can add classes with an Add Code through April 17.
Here's how to find an open class
- Log in to myportal.fhda.edu
- Open the Apps page and click on "Student Registration"
- Use the "Open Class Finder" to select your search criteria
Here's how to add a class after the quarter has begun
- Email the instructor to get an Add Code if space is available
- Log in to myportal.fhda.edu – on the first day that the class is scheduled to meet*
- Open the Apps page and click on "Student Registration," then look under "Registration Tools" and select "Add or Drop Classes"
- Select the current term and campus, then click "Submit"
- Enter the 5-digit CRN for the class. (Don't use the Add Code yet.)
- Click on "Submit Changes" and a screen to enter the Add Code will pop up
- Follow the prompts from there
*Note: You won't be able to add the class until the first day it is scheduled to meet
- Check the footnotes in the course listings to see whether your class has any scheduled meetings
- Payment in full is due immediately at the time you add a class
For detailed instructions, visit the Add and Drop webpage. Check the Schedule of Classes to find classes with open seats. You can also view this information in MyPortal by using the Open Classes Finder in the Student Registration app.
Remember: If you decide to drop a class, you must complete the steps to drop on MyPortal, to avoid owing fees or receiving an undesirable grade.
Payment is due in full at the time of registration and when adding subsequent classes. If you have a balance due you can pay online with a credit card or sign up for an interest-free installment plan.
Registration holds will be placed on delinquent accounts.
You'll find answers to many of your questions about online ordering in these helpful guides and FAQs.
- When you order online, you can use the dropdown menu for payment methods to select "Financial Aid" if you have an award – such as De Anza College Promise or EOPS – that provides funds for books and materials.
- Our Bookstore staff is shipping orders as quickly as possible, while we take every precaution to help protect their health.
You'll find more information and useful links on the Student Information and Student Services webpages. Learn how to contact campus offices and programs this spring by visiting the Online Spring Services webpage.
If you're struggling to meet basic needs such as food, housing or transportation, visit the Student Resources webpage.
Want to get a student email account or the De Anza mobile app? Visit our Tech Tools webpage.
Save money on books and materials by looking for the green "Zero-Cost" and "Low-Cost" symbols when you search the course listings. Learn more at deanza.edu/save-on-books
We’ve made it easy to find answers and assistance!
- Click the "Ask Us" button on the college website to reach Chat Cat – for quick answers to frequently asked questions.
- Check the Video Help Series at deanza.edu/vhs-guide for quick video tutorials on applying for financial aid, completing assessment or other tasks.
- New students can click the MyPath tile in the Student Apps section of MyPortal for instructions and tips on a variety of topics.
- Visit the Student Resource Hub for Online Learning for tips on using Canvas, Zoom and other tools.
- A number of Student Services offices now have virtual help desks so you can "drop in" on Zoom to ask a question without an appointment. Check the website of each program for details.
Priority enrollment helps you get your best registration date each quarter. See the complete list of steps to get priority enrollment.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Add and drop deadlines, school holidays and other important dates can be found on the Academic Calendar.
Keeping Track of Your Progress
Degree Works is designed to help you understand and meet the requirements for your major, degree or certificate, and create an educational plan. The program also helps track your courses, progress, grades, credits and GPA, and identify what you still need to take. Check out Degree Works in MyPortal.
The Financial Aid Office can help you secure loans, grants, fee waivers or scholarships for school. Find out if you're eligible and check out the online applications.
Get Your Degree - or Transfer - FREE!
Remember to apply for the De Anza College Promise: Eligible students get free tuition and fees for two years, plus $1,000 that you can use for books, materials or even a computer!