Swine Flu Information
April 29, 2009
As you are no doubt aware from news reports, swine flu is an emerging issue of concern. Here at De Anza, while there is no immediate reason for alarm, we should take all appropriate precautions. For up-to-date information, visit the Centers for Disease Control Web site for detailed information at www.cdc.gov/swineflu/ or, in Spanish, www.cdc.gov/swineflu/espanol/
At this point, please
- Observe hygiene guidelines at the above Web site (particularly frequent handwashing and covering coughs and sneezes) to limit the transmission of illness
- Stay home if you are sick
- Report flu-like symptoms to your health care provider if you have a fever over 100 degrees together with a cough and/or sore throat. If you don't have health insurance, you can visit the Express Care Clinic at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, 751 South Bascom Ave. in San Jose.
- Demonstrate understanding if students or staff report illness, such as relaxing attendance expectations if students report they are sick
- Direct students to Health Services if they have concerns, including about health care coverage
If you feel ill while at De Anza, please go directly to Health Services in the lower level of the Campus Center. Coordinator Mary Sullivan (ext. 8733 or firstname.lastname@example.org) and Health Services staff will provide assessment and give you information and referrals.
Brian Murphy, President