De Anza Nursing
Serving the Community Since 1967
De Anza's Registered Nursing Department has been one of the college's exceptional programs since the campus opened in 1967.
Because of our excellent reputation in the community, Registered Nursing graduates from De Anza are recruited by health care institutions across Silicon Valley and Northern California.
The Nursing program provides students with state-of-the-art instruction and technology in classrooms, laboratories and clinical settings. Our outstanding instructors, who are content and clinical experts in their fields, provide an outstanding professional nursing education.
See below for important information about applying to our program, and more.
Upcoming Information SessionThe next information meeting for the De Anza Nursing program will be held on Friday, Jan. 23, from 9 to 11 a.m. Please use the online form to register in advance for this meeting.
De Anza Nursing students helped give COVID-19 vaccinations at the Santa Clara County fairgrounds clinic in San José. California Gov. Gavin Newsom stopped by and thanked them.
Registered Nurses on the Front Lines
Registered nurses shared stories from their academic and career journeys during the Second Annual Sandra Diaz Nursing Profession Career Panel, held March 10.
Guest speakers included
- Yesica Riles, Labor and Delivery, El Camino Hospital
- Griselda Alvarez, Labor and Delivery, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
- Daniela Vargas, MSN, MPH, MA, RN, PHN Ethics & Women’s Health Nurse
- Sana Masad, Director of Nursing, De Anza College
- Nita Rowe, DNP, RN, CNOR, Nursing Instructor, De Anza College
RN Program Waiting List
Please check this website regularly for new announcements. Recent updates include
- Fall 2022 Readiness Forms – Due 9/15/2022
- Updated: Wait List November 2022
- New policy to remain on list
- Social Security card required to apply
- Flu vaccination requirement
- Core Science Prerequisites NOT LISTED on College Course Equivalency Spreadsheet – added June 29, 2015
Students on the waiting list
- You must obtain immunizations prior to admission
RN Refresher Program
- We are not offering an RN Refresher program at this time.
Foreign Nurses and Nurse Graduates
- We are not currently admitting foreign nurses and nurse graduates seeking course work to meet BRN requirements to take the NCLEX exam.