Travel Outside the U.S.
F-1 Visa students need a travel signature if they plan to travel outside of the United States.
If You Have a Current Signature on Your I-20:
- You can travel outside the United States if you have received a signature within the past 12 months on page 2 of your I-20 form.
- You should contact an International Student Adviser to confirm that there are no problems with your immigration record before travel.
If You Do Not Have a Current Signature on Your I-20:
- If you do not have a current signature on the 2nd page of your I-20, you should email an International Student Adviser to request an electronic signature on your I-20 one month before you return to the U.S.
- You must include the following information in the email message:
- Passport name
- CWID (your 8-digit De Anza student ID number)
- Birthdate and/or SEVIS ID number
- Date you plan to return to the U.S.
- Your email subject line should say: I-20 travel signature
How to Reach Your Immigration Adviser?
Immigration advisers are assigned by the first letter of your last or family name. If your family name begins with：
- A-L – your adviser is Andrea Santa Cruz: email@example.com
- M-Z – your adviser is Allison Largent: firstname.lastname@example.org
The immigration advisers offers drop-in hours:
- Tuesdays, 4 to 5 p.m. – online (virtual) drop-ins
- Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to noon – online (virtual) drop-ins & in-person drop-ins on campus