Ending Your Studies at De Anza

If you're an F-1 Visa student and you are completing your studies or decide to leave De Anza College at any time, you must notify the ISP office by submitting an Exit Form. You'll find the Exit Form on the ISP Student Forms webpage.

Consult the Transfer-Out Checklist

Before Submitting the Exit Form

  • If you are transferring to another institution, you must be fully admitted by the school or university where you intend to transfer. "Conditional admission" is not sufficient.
  • Please do not submit the exit form if you are still waiting for the admission decision from another school or university.
  • If you do not meet the conditions specified by the new school, they could rescind your admission. 

Submit These Documents

Please submit the following documents to your assigned immigration adviser if you are

Leaving De Anza without completing your program goal

  • Completed Exit Form
  • Copy of airline ticket 

Leaving De Anza after earning a degree

  • Completed Exit Form
  • Copy of degree application or DegreeWorks audit
  • Copy of airline ticket if you are leaving or have left the United States

If you are transferring and earning a degree, please follow the instructions under Transferring to Another Institution

Transferring to another institution  

  • Completed Exit Form
  • Acceptance letter
  • Transfer Form (only if you were given one from the school - not required from SJSU)

In addition to the required documents listed above, you will need to complete the following steps if you are transferring to another institution:

  • Send Final Official Transcript to new school. You can order transcripts through My Portal under Student Registration > My Records > Order De Anza Official Transcript.
  • Submit General Education (GE) Certification Request to De Anza Admissions and Records Office if you completed IGETC or CSU GE. If you are using secondary school transcripts to complete Area 6 (Language Other Than English) on IGETC, attach a copy of your secondary school transcript.
  • Check your email for instructions from your new university. You will likely need to submit documents and attend an orientation before Fall classes begin.

Your Immigration Adviser  

Advisers are assigned by the first letter of your last (family) name:

Back to Top