Join Us! For the 2021 Celebration!
Our theme this year is Grounded in Justice Towards a New Normal.
- Date: Friday, June 11, 2021
- Time: 12:30- 1:30 pm.
- RSVP: Please send an email to EquityOffice@deanza.edu for more information.
Nominate Colleagues and students!
New Deadline is Friday, May 7th, 2021.
Online Nomination Form available at https://forms.gle/oKmBGcnoRfpzgwGZ6
About the Awards: The Equity Champions program was created to recognize and celebrate those who make significant contributions to inclusiveness at De Anza – and to advancing the college's vision of equity, social justice and multicultural education. The program is sponsored by the Equity Action Council, a shared governance group at De Anza.
The Equity Action Council cordially invites you to nominate an outstanding student, classified professional, faculty member, administrator, and program/department for the Equity Champion Award.
The award recognizes and celebrates individuals making significant contributions to inclusion at De Anza College advancing the college’s vision of equity, social justice, and multicultural education.
Awards will be given in the following individual categories:
- Classified Professionals (including supervisors)
- Faculty member
- Team (Department or Program)
The EAC will select one individual in each of the four categories and one team. To recognize as many De Anza College equity champions as possible, nominees should not have received an Equity Champion Award in the prior 3 years.
We recognize that there are multiple ways of demonstrating commitment to these values. The individual or team being nominated should also embody the spirit and principles reflective in the criteria below. The following are examples of ways nominee(s) exemplified their commitment to equity:
- Promoting a deeper understanding of equity by advancing best practices in their respective office and/or program
- Exhibits leadership qualities in their work through collaboration, courageous conversations, inclusion through an intersectional lens, and fosters accountability.
- Prioritizes student needs and advocates for systemic and institutional change to address them to ensure equitable opportunities.
- Serves as a creative and equity-minded decision maker in the shared governance process
- Fosters practices that help bridge the student equity gaps.
Feel free to reach out to Adriana Garcia at EquityOffice@deanza.edu for any questions.