Coronavirus Relief Funding
The federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act provided funds to De Anza College through the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund, intended for emergency relief related to the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus.
Grants to students are distributed on the basis of financial need and eligibility, demonstrated by their eligibility for federal Pell Grants and their Expected Family Contribution determined by the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Students are notified by email when a grant is disbursed.
Students may also apply for assistance online by using the Emergency Funds Application Form.
Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting
(HEERF I, II and III Grant Funds – Student Aid and Institutional)
Fiscal Year 2021-2022
- Report for quarter ending June 30, 2022
- See below for previous quarterly reports:
Under federal guidelines, the college was required to certify that it will distribute at least 50% of relief funds to affected students in the form of Emergency Financial Aid Grants for expenses related to that disruption, including eligible expenses such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care and child care. De Anza College submitted the required certification on April 17, 2020.
Federal rules also require the college to post periodic reports on its website regarding the distribution of those grants.
As of March 31, 2022, the college distributed $6,562,379, including
- $1,029,985 to 1104 students in academic year 2021-2022
- $3,134,992 to 4,056 students in academic year 2020-2021
- $1,860,812 to 3,038 students in academic year 2019-2020
Here are links to detailed reports on these distributions:
- CARES Act Report: March 31, 2022
- CARES Act Report: Dec. 31, 2021
- CARES Act Report: Sept. 30, 2021
- CARES Act Report: June 30, 2021
- CARES Act Report: April 24, 2021
- CARES Act Report: Feb. 19, 2021
- CARES Act Report: Jan. 5, 2021
- CARES Act Report: Nov. 21, 2020
- CARES Act Report: Oct. 7, 2020
- CARES Act Report: Aug. 23, 2020
- CARES Act Report: July 9, 2020
- CARES Act Report: May 21, 2020
Here are links to De Anza's Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reports under CARES Act Sections 18004(a)(1) Institutional Portion, 18004(a)(2) and 18004(a)(3)
Fiscal Year 2021-22
- Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report: March 31, 2022 (revised July 11, 2022)
- Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report: Dec. 31, 2021 (revised April 7, 2022)
- Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report: Dec. 31, 2021
- Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report: Sept. 30, 2021 (revised Jan. 10, 2022)
- Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report: Sept. 30, 2021