Getting on the Waitlist
If a class you need is closed when you try to register (add a class), you can use MyPortal to be placed on the waitlist – provided there is space available on the waitlist.
New Registration System and User GuideDe Anza and Foothill colleges have upgraded their online registration with a new interface that's easier to use. You can still use the old system to register for spring quarter, but you have the option to try out the new version. Check out the user guide for the new system or get in-person assistance by visiting RSS 146 beginning Feb. 21.
Some things to remember
- You must already meet the prerequisites for a class before you can get on a waitlist. Contact the Admissions Evaluations office if you want to get prerequisite clearance by using coursework from other colleges.
- You can only pick one waitlist for each course – not multiple sections.
- If you are already enrolled in a section, you cannot be on a waitlist for the same course.
- You cannot be on a waitlist for a class if you are already registered for a different course during the same time period.
- Don’t put your name on a waitlist unless you intend to add the class once a seat becomes available.
- Before the first class meeting, if a space becomes available for your waitlisted section, you will be automatically enrolled in the class.
- If you are on a waitlist on the first day of class, you must email the instructor to request an add code.
- When using the add code, you must immediately add the class the class using your MyPortal account.