How to Reach Us
Visit Our Virtual Help Desk
Got a question? Need help with registration, admissions or your student records?
Now you can visit the Admissions and Records Office virtual help desk via Zoom online video during these times:
- Mondays: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursdays: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- No appointment required. Students are served on a first come, first served basis. After joining the Zoom session, there may be a wait. Thank you for your patience in advance.
- If you have trouble connecting, or need assistance outside of the Help Desk hours, please contact us.
Note: You'll need to show a valid photo ID before we can discuss any matters related to your student account or records. You may also want to review these tips on using Zoom
NEW: Pass/No Pass + Excused Withdrawals
The deadlines for requesting Pass/No Pass or an Excused Withdrawal have been extended, in consideration of the disruptions caused by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
- Pass/No Pass: You can request Pass/No Pass for classes taken in the 2021 spring quarter or retroactively for classes taken in winter 2021 or winter, spring, summer or fall of 2020. The deadline for these requests is Dec. 31, 2021.
- Excused Withdrawals: You can request an Excused Withdrawal for classes taken in the 2021 spring quarter up to the last day of the quarter, which is June 25. (Requests for excused withdrawals for past quarters will not be considered without documentation of extenuating circumstances.)
Before choosing Pass/No Pass, you should know that some transfer universities may not accept Pass grades for certain requirements. To learn more about these important considerations and how to submit a request, visit our Special Rules for Pass/No Pass and Excused Withdrawals webpage. (Updated June 3, 2021)
While you won't be able to visit us in person during the 2021 spring quarter, you can still access many of our services online.
- Check this website – use the navigation menu or click the magnifying glass icon to search for what you need
- Look on MyPortal in the "Student Apps" section
- Contact us by submitting our online help form
We will respond to your requests as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience, understanding and flexibility. Here are some of the things you can do online or by email
- Apply for admission
- Register for classes
- Order transcripts
- Find most student forms
- Request prerequisite clearance
The Admissions Office is part of the Enrollment Services Division, which also assists students through these offices
- Appeal Review Committee (Petitions for Exception)
- Assessment Center
- Cashier's Office
- International Student Programs
- Veteran Services
Other services in the RSS building include