Inserting Link to a Web Page within your Site
One of the best aspects of the World Wide Web is that you can link to other pages from your Web pages or someone else's pages for more information and clarification.
After you create a new page and it is ready for public viewing, link to it from either your left navigation area or the main content area or both.
Add a Link in the Left Navigation Menu
- SELECT any page within your main Web site or sub-section Web site, depending upon on which left navigation menu you want to create the link. Remember: the left navigation menu is global to all pages within your Web site folder.
- CLICK the edit left navigation button.
- TYPE in the text that will become the link. The text should include words that are part of the page title that you are linking to.
- HIGHLIGHT the text.
- CLICK on the insert/edit link icon (world with chain). The Link Manager box will open.
- In the General properties section, CLICK on File Browser icon next to the the Link URL text box. The File Browser dialogue box will appear.
- SCROLL to and CLICK on the file for the page that you want to link to. Note: If you can't find it in the Production Server tab, check the Staging Server tab. You may not have published the page.
the Select Button. The Link Manager dialogue will appear again with your selected file and it's path in the Link URL text box.
- CONFIRM the other Link properties.
- LEAVE the Target field as Open in the window / frame.
- TYPE in a Title description for the link (not required). This is what a visitor to your Web site will see when she places the cursor over the link.
- LEAVE Class as Not Set.
- CLICK Insert button to complete the link creation. The Left Nav Menu in Edit Mode will appear with an active link.
- Continue adding links. When you are done, SAVE and then PUBLISH the page.
- CLICK on View Page New Window and TEST the link.
Add a Link in the Main Content Area
- SELECT the specific page on which you want to create a link to another page within your Web site or sub-section Web
- CLICK edit main content button.
- HIGHLIGHT the descriptive word(s) with your cursor in your main content area that will be made into a link. The link icons in the top right section of the tool bar should become active if they aren't already. FOLLOW steps 5 through 12 above.