First Round–Stragtegic Planning Commitments to Action (CTA)
De Anza College Senior Staff
November 13, 2006
Participation & Support
- Implement first phase of comprehensive outreach program to
regional Latino communities by July 2007 and African ancestry
communities by January 2008.
- Complete design and beta testing of the Early Alert system by summer 2007.
- Develop comprehensive academic advising framework in each instructional department by fall 2007.
- Update facilities master plan to support student success and
retention by June 2007 (e.g. study spaces, overall physical
- Assess and increase bilingual capabilities throughout the college.
- Develop comprehensive program in institutional cultural
competence, including a formal staff development agenda with
scheduled workshops and the provision of written and online
materials, for rollout to the campus in 2007-08.
Pathways to Student Success
- Support participation in comprehensive cultural competence
program beginning at 15% of faculty and staff for 2007-08, increasing by
15 percent annually to full participation.
- Develop and implement assessment system for all entering
students that includes placement, risk analysis and self-evaluation by
- Increase institutional capacity to support student success,
including the design, development and partial implementation of an
integrated Web-based student support system, by fall 2007.
Collegiality and Empowerment
- Develop and disseminate communication to campus at least twice monthly beginning January 2007.
- Hold one town hall on a major issue each quarter beginning spring 2007.
- Initiate monthly faculty and staff brown bag conversation series beginning spring 2007.
- Designate faculty and staff gathering space, such as renovated Campus Center staff dining room, by fall 2007.
- Develop two new professional/career development programs or
opportunities for staff, in collaboration with the Classified Senate, by
- Hold a major community outreach event in spring 2007.
- Develop new lifelong learning/engagement program by January 2008.
- Fully support the Institute for Community and Civic Engagement,
including the establishment of a community partnership data system.
- Adopt comprehensive program in community-based learning.
- Implement sustainability policy and plan by June 2007.
- Develop visiting scholar residency program by fall 2007.
- Create annual development program with new foundation development officer for De Anza by fall 2007.
- Develop pilot business intern program and increase business partnerships by five by spring 2007.