De Anza's award-winning Facilitator Training Program provides hands-on training in planning, managing and leadership skills to maximize the effectiveness of meetings, conferences and other group events. Learn more about our fun and engaging student facilitator training program!
The ways in which we communicate contribute significantly to the quality of our lives. The Communication faculty seek to create an engaging, facilitative, and equitable learning environment to honor the diverse cultures, traditions, perspectives, voices, and goals of our learners. We are constantly updating our courses, exploring new ideas, and collaborating to foster our own professional growth and to provide the best possible opportunities to our students. Our mission is to guide our learners as they develop their intellect, character and abilities; realize their goals; and be socially responsible leaders in their communities, the nation and the world.
- Create an environment where diverse cultures, abilities, needs, goals, and learning styles are respected and where differences offer productive opportunities for learning and personal fulfillment.
- Challenge our students with a spirit of inquiry, discovery, dialog and reflection.
- Develop a dynamic curriculum that reflects both traditional and emerging schools of thought in our discipline.
- Provide every student with opportunities to acquire, develop through practice, and apply communication skills in their personal and professional lives.
- Help students become critical and independent thinkers and problem solvers by working in self-regulated teams to develop small group collaboration skills, listening, deliberation, conflict management, argumentation, problem solving, and decision-making.
- Provide opportunities for students to gain information literacy via use of technology for research; developing presentations; and upholding academic integrity.
- Raise consciousness of our global interdependence and responsibility.