APPLY for ADMISSION
Application is OPEN for the following terms:
If a term you want isn't listed, see the academic calendar for dates of future admission applications, class schedules and registration.
If you've attended De Anza College in the past but were not enrolled in classes for the most recent term, you must reapply for admission, except if you skipped summer session from spring to fall.
Concurrent High School Students
If you are in the 11th or 12th grade and will be concurrently enrolled at De Anza College while attending high school, follow steps for new concurrent high school students.
Filling Out the Application
Use a Valid and Unique E-Mail Address
- When you apply for admission, use a valid and unique e-mail address that you check frequently.
- NOTE: An e-mail address shared between De Anza applicants will prevent the creation of MyPortal accounts for those students.
- How can I get my own unique e-mail address?
Include Your Social Security Number
When you apply for admission, you will be asked for your Social Security Number (SSN). You have the right to decline to give your SSN. However, there are advantages to including your SSN:
- Financial Aid – Your SSN is required if you are applying for federal and state financial aid programs.
- Easier Access to MyPortal – To reset your MyPortal password if you forget it, you'll need to use the last 4 digits of your SSN.
- Tax Credits and Deductions – Providing your SSN helps you (or someone claiming you as a dependent) receive tax credits or deductions to which you are entitled.
What If I Don't Have a Social Security Number?
Are you a citizen of another country visiting or planning to visit the United States and study on an F-1 Student Visa? Contact the International Student Programs (ISP) office for the admission application.
- Complete the CCC Apply admission application.
- Fill out, print and submit the Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request (AB540) Form.
- If you have questions about applying for admission as an AB540 student, e-mail Atousa Pojhan at
AFTER You Apply
Log In to MyPortal
MyPortal is De Anza's gateway to the online student registration system and other student tools.
to Register for Your Classes
NEW & FORMER STUDENTS
After you apply for admission, you will receive an e-mail confirmation from
De Anza with your 8-digit Student ID.
Your 8-digit Student ID is your MyPortal login Campuswide ID.
Web Browser Support
For best results, we recommend using the latest version of Firefox to complete the application or registration process.
Admissions & Registration Questions? Problems?
If you have trouble applying for admission to De Anza, logging into MyPortal or registering for classes, fill out the A & R Help Form. For help in person, visit the Admissions and Records Office.
Disability Support Services
For assistance, visit Disability Support Services & Programs. To request college materials in an alternate format, contact the alternate media specialist at 408.864.5815.