Frequently Asked Questions
When can I view my date to register?
Your date and time to register for classes is
available in MyPortal a few weeks before the registration period begins for the upcoming term.
The Registration Status screen in MyPortal will display the earliest time and date that you can register for classes at the FHDACCD campus at which you are admitted.
What determines my date to register?
- Your student status at De Anza: new, continuing or former
- Your association with a priority group identified by the State Chancellor's office
- Total number of units completed at De Anza
- Your date to register will improve as you earn more units and maintain your continuing status, except
- Once you earn 150 units minus Basic Skills (nondegree applicable) units, your date to register will drop to the bottom to of the continuing registration dates per new state regulations. (Additional changes to enrollment priorities are being planned for implementation in 2013-2014.)
What if I am already a student at Foothill College?
If you attended both De Anza and Foothill colleges in the past, current enrollment at one campus does not automatically allow registration at the other. You must apply to each campus and be admitted in order to register for classes.
Register as soon as you can!
Register for classes as soon as the system allows for the best chance of getting into the classes that you need. Follow steps for how to register for classes.
General Registration Dates
See the Academic Calendar for registration start dates by quarter for each student registration status type.
Back to Getting Started: How to Enroll
You have applied for admission to De Anza College but have never registered for a class.
You are enrolled at De Anza College and are attending classes for the current term.
You have attended De Anza College before but are not attending classes for the current term. If you are a former student, you must reapply for admission to De Anza to register for classes for the upcoming term except if you skipped summer session from spring to fall.
High School Student
You are concurrently enrolled in high school and De Anza College.