Laptop Loan Program
Laptop computers are available for loan in the De Anza College Library. The laptops may be borrowed by students, faculty and staff who have a valid DASB card and library accounts in good standing. The laptops connect to the College's wireless network and come equipped with standard software (including Microsoft Office).
Laptop Circulation Policy
Fines and Replacement Fees:
- Laptops may be checked out by De Anza students, staff and faculty who have a valid DASB card. A blocked user may not check out a laptop.
- Patrons who wish to check out a laptop must have a signed copy of the Laptop Responsibility Agreement on file with the Library. A new Agreement must be signed every academic year.
- Only one laptop may be checked out per user.
- Laptops are for in-house use only, and may not be taken outside the Library.
- Loan period for laptops is 4 hours. They may not be renewed.
- Laptops may not be checked out overnight.
- Fines are $5.00 per hour and are non refundable and non negotiable. If the laptop is not returned within 24 hours, the user will be billed for the cost of replacement (up to $1500.00) and the laptop will be reported stolen.
- Laptops must be returned to a De Anza College Library staff member at the Circulation Desk. DO NOT LEAVE THE LAPTOP UNATTENDED AT THE DESK. Wait for a staff person to check in the laptop.
- Use a USB flash drive to save your files. Files will not be retained on the hard drive; they are automatically erased when the machine is shut down.
- To print from the laptop, save your work on a flash drive, then print from a library GoPrint station.
- Never leave the laptop unattended! If the laptop or any components (such as the power cord) is lost, stolen, or damaged while checked out to you, you are solely responsible for any and all repair or replacement fees.
- Laptops are to be used responsibly for academic purposes, and are not intended for gameplay, socializing, etc.
- Please do not use the tablet feature of the laptops if you are not familiar with that function. You will be responsible for the costs of any damages caused to the laptops through the misuse of this feature, including but not limited to scratches on the screen, lost styluses, damage to the hinge, etc.
- If you choose to use the tablet feature, use ONLY the stylus to write! DO NOT use any other type of pen or implement on the screen.
De Anza College Library Laptop Borrowers Agreement
By my signature below, I acknowledge that I have read and agreed to all of the following statements for checking out a laptop computer from the De Anza College Library. I agree to accept full responsibility for the laptop and any accompanying materials while checked out to me.
I have read and agree with all of the responsibility and liability statements.
- I will not leave the laptop unattended for any reason.
- I will not tamper with the laptop hardware or software, or attempt to load any programs onto the laptop.
- I agree that the laptop is for use within the Library only, and only for up to 4 hours or until closing, whichever comes first. I understand that laptops may not be renewed, but must be returned by the due time to the Circulation Desk.
- I will pay an overdue fine of $5.00 per hour or partial hour if I fail to return the laptop to the Circulation Desk by the due time.
- I accept full financial liability for the laptop while it is in my possession.
- I agree to pay all costs associated with damage to, loss of, or theft of the laptop per the laptop policy while it is checked out to me.
- I understand that if the laptop is not returned within 24 hours of the due time, it will be reported stolen to the Campus Police.
- I will use the laptop for academic or research purposes only.
- I have read and will follow the Library Laptop Circulation Policy.
- I agree that failure to comply with any of these rules and guidelines will result in the loss of the privilege of borrowing a laptop.
Print Name________________________________________ Student ID#____________
This agreement is valid for one academic year, and must be renewed in order to maintain laptop borrowing privileges.