Becoming a Mentor
To find out more information about becoming a mentor please contact any LEAD instructor or contact Marc Coronado, LEAD Community Coordinator, 408-864-8409, email@example.com.
For consideration, candidates must possess the following
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5
- Successful completion of at least one (1) LEAD class. Exceptions may be made for students who have prior peer mentoring experience in an academic setting.
- Must be available to attend LEAD Mentor training in the quarter prior to serving, or the quarter in which they serve as a Mentor
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Superior time-management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of their own major and college resources
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Project management and organizational skills