Information for Graduates
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation from De Anza College! We hope you will celebrate this major milestone by participating in the commencement ceremony on Saturday, June 27. This year's event will be held at the City National Civic in San Jose. Tickets will be required for guests.
Date: Saturday, June 27
Time: 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
Location: City National Civic, 135 West San Carlos St., San Jose
The deadline to purchase your cap and gown has passed.
Map of City National and lineup location
- Graduates will start lining up at 7:30 a.m. Please be at the venue no later than 8:30 a.m. in order to participate in the ceremony. See map of lineup location.
- Doors open for guests at 8 a.m.
- Procession begins at 9 a.m.
- Park in area parking garages. Parking prices in the lots closest to City National Civic range from a $5 flat fee to $3/hour. List of lots and garages in downtown San Jose.
- No balloons permitted in the venue. The Bookstore will have flowers and gifts available for purchase in the lobby.
- Disability accommodations: If you are a graduating student who needs accommodations, please contact your counselor in Disability Support Services. If you have a guest who needs accommodations, please contact Paula Joseph at email@example.com or 408.864.8758. Guests in wheelchairs may have optimal viewing on the upper level.
- Please note: The auditorium has tiered seating. Strollers are not permitted in the seating area.
- Guests will need a ticket to enter the auditorium.
- Each graduate will receive five (5) tickets for family and friends. One ticket per person.
- Tickets will be available for pickup at the Bookstore with your cap and gown.
- Lost tickets will not be replaced. Tickets are not available for sale.
- Tickets will not be required for infants and children under two (2) who sit in the lap of an adult. Children over the age of two will need a ticket.
- Graduation cap and gowns are now available for purchase at the Bookstore. The cost of a cap and gown set (cap, gown, tassel, diploma cover, and 5 tickets to the graduation ceremony) is $53.99 plus sales tax.
- The Bookstore has a limited number of loaner cap and gowns available. If you are borrowing a cap and gown from the Bookstore or a former graduate, you must purchase a tassel and diploma cover set (tassel, diploma cover and five tickets to the graduation ceremony). The cost is $23.99 plus sales tax.
- Honor stoles will be available for $17.39 plus sales tax. Optional graduation stoles and ethnic graduation stoles will be available for $29.99 plus sale tax.