About College Council
- Proposes and recommends annual and multi-year goals.
- Proposes and recommends annual college objectives to carry
out goals that are clearly defined, easy to understand and
- Serves as the Accreditation Steering Committee.
- Provides shared governance leadership for district strategic planning and district goals and objectives.
- Oversees college-wide strategic planning process (short and
long-range), achievement of outcomes, efficiency standards and
budget policies and procedures.
- Recommends college and district budget proposals for funding.
- Advises the President, Senates, DASB and other major college
groups on policy development matters pertaining to planning,
budgeting and accountability.
- Requests, considers and makes recommendations to the President on the proposals from decision-making teams.
- Enrollment, facilities and curriculum.
- Represents the college governance and decision-making
constituencies in the collective body on district matters
affecting De Anza College.