De Anza College Scholarship Information
View Access to Previous Years' Scholarship Information
NEW SCHOLARSHIP SYSTEM IS HERE!
Great news! The Foothill-De Anza District's new and improved scholarship application system is now in place. AcademicWorks will make applying for scholarships much easier and more efficient. We actively have posted dozens of scholarship opportunities for the 2014-15 academic year. The AcademicWorks program personalizes scholarships recommendations for students.
View De Anza College Scholarship Offerings
Scholarship Application Process
Scholarships are due April 3, 2015.
Applying for scholarships is a competitive process. Please be aware that not every student who applies for scholarships will win. If you are interested in applying for one or more De Anza College scholarships, first, please click on the link above: "View De Anza College Scholarship Offerings."
- If you don't meet the minimum criteria listed on the scholarship posting you apply for, your application will not be considered for the scholarship.
- If you fail to attach/copy and paste a legible copy of any of the required documents such as "My Story", your De Anza College transcript, letter of recommendation and etc, your application will be incomplete and it will not be considered for the scholarship.
- All required documents must be submitted online. The Financial Aid Office does not accept any documents such as letters of recommendation on student behalf.
- Some scholarships may require you to provide more documents than others.
- Once you create a scholarship profile, you can monitor the status of scholarship(s) for which you have applied. To check the status of your scholarship, please log back into your account via the link above or through your MyPortal account.
- There is no limit to how many scholarships you may apply for. However, please be sure to review scholarship requirements prior to applying.
- Most scholarships disburse during spring or fall quarters of each academic year. Please note, in order for De Anza College system to disburse your scholarship funds, you must be enrolled in at least six units for the term, unless it is stated differently in the scholarship posting.
Checklist to Scholarship Application Process
Please check back. Updated information coming soon.
Additional Scholarship Information
Information and services on all four of the links below are FREE.
http://www.guaranteed-scholarships.com/ lists and describes scholarships offered by individual colleges and universities to all enrolled students meeting the specific criteria.
http://www.college-scholarships.com/ is an all purpose college and scholarship information site which includes links to nine free internet scholarship search data bases, links to college websites and online applications, college admissions office email addresses and (mostly toll free) phone numbers, ACT and SAT prep information, and much, much more. The site has been the recipient of more than 25 internet awards and receives more than 150,000 visits each month.
Scholarships and Grants Free US College Scholarships, Grants, Competitions and Awards Resources.
All four sites allow students and educators to sign up for a free email newsletter offering valuable information on college admission, scholarships and financial aid, careers, college life, and other important subjects of interest to students, counselors, parents, and teachers.
Another good source for scholarship information can be found at SuperCollege.com.
More Scholarship Links (pdf file)
Scholarship Review Committee
Please check back.
Updated instructions coming soon.
If you are interested in volunteering as a Scholarship Review Committee member, please email FinancialAid@deanza.edu