Assignments Due on this Date
|Before the quarter begins.
- Review the Syllabus
to ensure that you understand the requirements of the course, the
grading policies, and the materials you will need for step 2.
- Set up for the quarter based on what you learned in
On-line Learning Resources to learn about the differences
between on-line courses and on campus courses.
- Obtain the textbook. You absolutely
need a textbook for this online class. You can buy the paperback or an e-book for a lower price.
- Download any software needed to ensure that your
computer works well with the course materials.
- The University of Illinois has created a profile of students who are
successful in online learning. Compare yourself to this list so that
you can manage your personal "risk areas".
- Using Quicktime Videos, the students at
Long Beach City College offer
tips in time management, the most important skill for on-line learners.
Don't miss it!
- Virginia Tech has a comprehensive site
containing tips on everything
from taking notes to time management.
|In the first week of the quarter,
midnight on Thursday, Pacific Standard Time.
- Log into the course and click around to see
how the course is organized. Click on the Instructions for Week 1 file to see what will be due this week.
- Update your profile to include an email address that you use, a
number, and a digital
photo (to make our classroom discussions friendlier and
- Watch the assigned video on Everyday Leadership. Captions are available.
- Click on the link for the Introduce Yourself Forum,
located in the week 1 lesson. Read some of the introductions
posted by others, and reply
to another student. Then, compose your own response to the
questions and post
it to the forum. (Please note that this is a graded assignment.)
|Before midnight on Monday (PST) of
the second week.
- At the top of the course home page in Catalyst, click
on Textbook Web Site
to familiarize yourself with what resources are available within it.
- In the course, click on the Instructions for Week 1 file
posted in the week 1 lesson and read it, if you have not already done
Look ahead to the Instructions for Week
2 to see what will be due next week.
- Watch the remaining assigned videos.
- Complete the assigned reading in the textbook and on the Textbook Web Site.
- Review the assigned PowerPoint presentation.
- Click on the link for the Practice Quiz 1, follow
the posted instructions, and submit it in Catalyst. (Please note that this is a graded written