Environmental Resource Management & Pollution Prevention (ERM&P2) Program

ERM&P2 Program

Academic Advising Information & Resources

Academic Advising Information & Resources provided below include:

  • ERM&P2 Degree & Certificate Requirements
  • DegreeWorks Online Planning & Audit Tool
  • Counseling & Advising Center
  • Graduation
  • Transfer-Related Resources (ASSIST.org, Transfer Center, etc.)
  • Frequently Used Forms & Handouts

NOTE: The information and resources provided below are aimed at ERM&P2 majors. For general counseling and academic advising services and resources, visit DeAnza's Counseling & Academic Advising website

Questions? Contact Jeff Staudinger, ERM&P2 Program Coordinator & Lead Instructor staudingerjeff@deanza.edu 408-864-5318

Current (2017-18) ERM&P2 degree and certificate requirements are specified out in the following handouts:

Current (2017-18) General Education Requirements for degree and/or college transfer are specified in the following handouts:

 Past ERM&P2 degree and certificate requirements are specified in the following handouts
(Note: Students are allowed to - and usually do - follow the requirements in place at the time they first enroll at DeAnza and/or declare their major. This is what is referred to as "Catalog Rights.")

NOTE: The DegreeWorks online tool (see below) will list your degree or certificate course requirements and show your progress towards completion of those course requirements.

DegreeWorks is DeAnza's online degree (and certificate) audit and academic advisement tool that will allow you to:

  • Review your course requirements based on your declared major and selected educational goal (degree or certificate).
  • View your progress toward completion of your associate degree or certificate.
  • See how your past and current courses apply to your graduation requirements.
  • Plan your academic path through De Anza experience, including meeting General Education Requirements for earning your AA/AS degree and/or for transfer to either CSU schools ("CSU GE/Breadth") or UC schools ("IGETC").
  • Review your course grades and calculate your grade point average

DegreeWorks itself is found under your Student tab in MyPortal, as shown below:

DegreeWorks Screen Shot

Note that both Video Tutorials and written assistance documents are provided to help you in using DegreeWorks. You can also contact the Counseling & Advising Center (see below) for help with using DegreeWorks.

AN IMPORTANT NOTE: While DegreeWorks details degree and certificate requirements, it does NOT detail college transfer requirements, which are both college and major-specific. For transfer requirements, use the ASSIST.org online tool (see below for details).

The counselors and academic advisors at the Counseling & Advising Center can assist you in planning your academic path through DeAnza, helping you to earn career certificates and associate degrees and/or for transfer to four-year colleges and universities.

To schedule an appointment with a Counselor, either call 408.864.5400 or go to the Counseling and Advising Center (located on the 2nd Floor of the Student & Community Building) during their office hours to set up an appointment.

To obtain either a Degree or Certificate, students must formally file for that Degree or Certificate as follows:

  1. Download and fill out the Graduation Application for an Associates Degree or Application for Certificate PDF form online. Then print out the application and sign it.
  2. Perform a degree audit through DegreeWorks in MyPortal.
  3. Print out your degree audit report and attach it to application.
  4. Submit your application to the Admissions and Records Drop Box, located outside the south entrance of the Registration & Student Services building (near the Bookstore).

Further information on graduation is provided here.

 Key transfer-related resources include:

DeAnza's Transfer Center Website: http://www.deanza.edu/transfercenter/

    • Offers and/or sponsors various transfer-related resources & support services to assist students in researching options, making sound choices and planning a smooth transition between institutions.

DeAnza's Transfer Planning Website:http://www.deanza.edu/transfer/

    • Designed to help students facilitate transfer from DeAnza College to the California State University (CSU), University of California (UC), California independent colleges and universities, and out-of-state institutions.

ASSIST.org: http://www.assist.org

    • An online student-transfer information system that shows how course credits earned at one public California college or university can be applied when transferred to another.

NOTE: It is important to recognize that transfer planning is separate and distinct from degree planning. Transfer requirements are both college and major-specific, so careful planning is essential to ensure a successful and efficient transfer.

See the ERM&P2 Transfer Information webage for listings of local 4-year colleges and universities with environmental programs, detailing the environmental majors they offer and providing a weblink for obtaining more information.

The counseling & Advising Center posts its frequently used forms & handouts here 

Environmental Resource Management & Pollution Prevention (ERM&P2) Program Building: 212 Kirsch Center
Contact: Jeff Staudinger
Phone: 408-864-5318 sizeplaceholder

Last Updated: 9/25/17