Emergency Evacuation Chairs
Currently located at:
• ATC Chair located 2nd floor on right wall. (use 44D key to unlock)
• Kirsch Chair located in division office on left
• Library Chair located 2nd floor by main elevator (use 44D key to unlock)
• LCW Chair located at bottom of stair well (use 44D key to unlock)
• Sci. Cntr 2 Chair located 2nd floor near passenger elevator (use 44D key to unlock)
• SCS Chair located 2nd floor on wall outside conf. room (use 44D key to unlock)
• PE Two chairs mounted on wall next to shed on pool deck (use 44D key to unlock)
• PE 11 Chair located on 2nd floor by elevator (use 44D key to unlock)
• VPAC Chair located on 2nd floor by main elevator (use 44D key to unlock)
• Baldwin Winery (1)
• Media Learning Center (2)
Review video link for usage instructions:
video demonstrating going down stairs http://www.evacuation.stryker.com/product/video1.jsp
video demonstrating going up stairs http://www.evacuation.stryker.com/product/video2.jsp
You can check out In-service DVD from Mary Sullivan, Health Service (408-864-8733)
To Assist Mobility Impaired Persons
Remember - instructions are illustrated on back of each evacuation chair.
- Always ask students first if they have special needs or requirements.
- Individuals using wheelchairs can be pushed or accompanied to safety.
- Individuals using canes, crutches, or walkers should evacuate
themselves except in the event that rapid evacuation is deemed
- Call the Building Monitor, Security, Disability Support Services or
other trained college personnel and wait for help before transferring a
person from a wheelchair or transporting a person on a stairway, unless
the situation is imminently life threatening.
- Wheelchairs for emergency use are located in PE 13 and Health Services.
- Special evacuation chairs may be used for stairway evacuation or to
transport injured or non-ambulatory persons. These are mounted near the