De Anza Distance Learning - Registered Students
(Links to the information in bold are available via the DLC home page.)
- Learn about the required orientation for your course(s) See the DLC Class Schedule. Online syllabi and orientations are available approximately two week prior to the start of the quarter.
- Obtain a copy of your syllabus and read it in its entirety. See Online Syllabi.
- Fullfill the orientation requirement for your course. See DLC Class Schedule and Online Orientations.
On-campus orientations are scheduled during the first week of classes.
- Purchase required books and materials. You may purchase books online from the De Anza College Bookstore.
- Begin your course as outlined in your syllabus. See Online Syllabi. If your course(s) is hosted on Catalyst, De Anza's online course management system, you will have access the first day of the quarter, or one business day after you are officially enrolled in the class after quarter starts.
If you plan to check out video instead of viewing streaming video for your distance learning class, you will need to stop by the Distance Learning Center, MLC 250, to obtain a Distance Learning Center student ID Card. Then you can go to the Library West Computer Lab to check out video. To use the Lab you will need a student ID (DASB card), available in the Hinson Center.