If you'll be a new student this fall at De Anza, you must complete orientation in order to learn important information to help you succeed.
- Orientation is also a state-required step for priority enrollment.
- As soon as you complete orientation and the other necessary steps, you will qualify for priority enrollment for winter quarter.
- All steps must have been completed by July 22 to receive priority enrollment for fall.
- You must apply for admission in advance in order to obtain your student ID to sign up for orientation.
Options for Completing Orientation
Option 1 - TAKE A SESSION OFFERED IN AUGUST and SEPTEMBER
Please sign up for a session to reserve a seat. If a session listed below does not appear on the appointment form, you may still go to the beginning of the session. If there is space, the counselor will permit you to stay and enroll.
All sessions meet in S4, Room 44.
- 8/27 2:30-5:30 p.m.
Added on 8/21
- 9/16 6-9 p.m.
- 9/17 6-9 p.m.
- 9/23 6-9 p.m.
- 9/24 6-9 p.m.
Additional sessions will be added for fall. Please check back.
You can download the orientation presentation here.
- You need to have applied for summer or fall admission and received your student ID number in order to attend.
- It's best to take placement tests before orientation.
- You'll learn how to choose your classes and create your fall quarter educational plan — another step in qualifying for priority enrollment.
Option 2 - REGISTER FOR COUN 200
Enroll in a more comprehensive Counseling 200 class this summer or fall. This 1/2-unit credit course provides more detail on each topic you'll need to succeed, including degree and transfer options, and includes the development of a comprehensive educational plan.
Complete orientation right away!
Remember, the sooner you complete orientation and all steps, the sooner you will qualify for priority enrollment for the following term of enrollment.