ICCE Internship (name TBD)
The ICCE Internship program is designed to offer training, mentorship, and a stipend for De Anza students who have taken extraordinary leadership in projects that promote community college access and success.
Each year 8 interns are selected for this 10-month internship and receive a $5000 stipend. Our 2011-2012 interns are pictured here.
Meet our 2012-2013 interns here
Also earn a Certificate in Leadership and Social Change
Several of last year's interns also completed the 18-unit Certificate of Achievement in Leadership and Social Change. Learn about the certificate program.
Past student intern projects have included:
- Educating De Anza students around issues of higher education funding
- Mobilizing De Anza students for statewide actions around funding for higher education
- Networking with students statewide to advocate for funding for higher education
- Advocating for the needs of undocumented students in a number of ways, including setting up a resource center at De Anza, working with others statewide and nationally to advocate for better access to financial aid, and going to high schools to let undocumented students know that college is an option
- Lobbying against the student success task force’s recommendations
- Organizing to get free bus passes for all De Anza students
- Getting a parcel tax for Foothill De Anza Community College district
- Working with LGBTQ high school students to let them know that De Anza has a welcoming atmosphere
- Presenting community college as a viable and sometimes advantageous educational pathway and challenging some of community colleges' negative impressions