Santa Clara Valley Archives Crawl
Join us at the California History Center for the first Santa Clara Annual Archives Crawl on Saturday, October 22, 2016 and learn more. Visit each of our eleven participating archives, museum and special collections locations for special displays and programs.
Local history and California Studies are the specialties of the Stocklmeir Library and Archives, a program of the California History Center at De Anza College in Cupertino. Our collections include photographs, oral history, student research, and other evidence of life and transition in the Santa Clara Valley. The Audrey Edna Butcher Civil Liberties Education Initiative has added a new dimension to our mission as we document the experiences of politically marginalized communities in our region. Participants in Archive Crawl will test their experience, knowledge, and imagination using historic photographs, maps, and other fascinating items in the Stocklmeir collections. Special for Fall Quarter - On display in the exhibit hall will be regional photography by the Los Gatos-Saratoga Camera Club titled "Caught Celebrating" - featuring California festival life. Come visit us in our late-19th century pavilion and Historic Corridor on the De Anza College campus!
The California History Center will be open from 10:00a.m. to 2:00p.m.
11 participating venues:
- Ainsley House 12:00p.m.-4:00p.m.
- Campbell Historical Museum 12:00p.m.-4:00p.m.
- California Western Americana Collection at Cupertino Library 10:00a.m.-6:00p.m.
- Casa Grande and the New Almaden Quicksilver Mining Museum 10:00a.m.-4:00p.m.
- Gilroy Museum 10:00a.m.-4:00p.m.
- Heritage Pavilion of the Santa Clara City Central Park Library 10:00a.m.-5:00p.m.
- History San Jose 10:00a.m.-3:p.m.
- Saratoga History Museum and McWilliams House 10:00a.m.-4:00p.m.
- Santa Clara University Archives and Special Collections 10:00a.m.-4p.m.
- Dr Martin Luther King, Jr. Library 10:00a.m.-6:00p.m.
- San Jose State University Collections 1:00p.m.-5:00p.m.
- Sourisseau Academy 1:00p.m.-5:00p.m.
- Lace Museum (at King Library) 10:00a.m.-4:00p.m.
- New Museum of Los Gatos 11:00a.m.-3:00p.m.