Call For Proposals
Stressed • Stretched • Balanced
Friday, March 11, 2016
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
De Anza College, Hinson Center, Conference Rooms A & B
Presenters will receive PGA credit
Monday, November 23, 2015
Topics to provoke your imagination:
- Strategies for managing workload
- Handling physical and mental stress
- Promoting and sustaining a community of empathy and well-being
- Helping students grow in healthy ways
- Thriving in the digital age
- Recognizing our feelings in classrooms and work spaces
All De Anza staff, faculty, and administrators are encouraged to submit proposals consistent with the conference theme that share our strategies, ideas or experiences around fostering wellness for our students or ourselves.
Conference Session format options include: questionshop, performance, activity, workshop, exhibit, panel, and lecture. At least half of each session should be interactive peer engagement. Trained student facilitators have become an integral part of this conference and are eager to work with presenters to facilitate these sessions.
Submitting Your Proposal
Prepare the following information before you submit your proposal:
The primary contact for the proposal is responsible for coordinating all correspondence among co-presenters.
- All presenters' names
- Contact telephone numbers
- Contact e-mail addresses
Up to 20 words that will catch the attention of conference participants and accurately describe your session.
The format of your presentation (workshop, questionshop, lecture, performance, activity, exhibit, or panel discussion).
A two to three sentence description of your presentation (limit of 40 words).
An abstract of 150 words or less describing what you're going to cover and what will be involved in the interactive portion.
Presentation Facility and Equipment
- What type of classroom or facility you need.
- Which session you prefer: session 1 from 10-11:45 a.m. or session 2 from 1:15 to 3 p.m.
- Do you need a smart classroom setup.
- Is there other non-computer equipment you need.
Student Facilitation Support
For questions about your presentation proposal please contact Cynthia Kaufman at firstname.lastname@example.org
; for questions about Survey Monkey, contact Mary Kay Englen at (408) 864-8322.