Call For Proposals
Big Ideas and Concrete Applications
Friday, March 13, 2015
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
De Anza College, Hinson Center, Conference Rooms A & B
Presenters and attendees will receive PGA/PAA credit
Monday, November 24, 2014
Topics to provoke your imagination:
- Making emotional intelligence work in the classroom
- Developing concrete methods to foster engaged classes
- Building equity by: reducing classroom expenses/doing civic engagement/meeting students where they are at/working with mentors
All De Anza staff, faculty, and administrators are encouraged to submit proposals consistent with the conference theme to explore questions around building connections on the De Anza Campus.
Conference Session format options include: questionshop, performance, activity, workshop, exhibit, panel, and lecture. At least half of each session should be interactive peer engagement. Trained student facilitators have become an integral part of this conference and are eager to work with presenters to facilitate these sessions.
Submitting Your Proposal
Prepare the following information before you submit your proposal:
The primary contact for the proposal is responsible for coordinating all correspondence among co-presenters.
- All presenters' names
- Contact telephone numbers
- Contact e-mail addresses
Up to 20 words that will catch the attention of conference participants and accurately describe your session.
The format of your presentation (workshop, questionshop, lecture, performance, activity, exhibit, or panel discussion).
A two to three sentence description of your presentation (limit of 40 words).
An abstract of 150 words or less describing what you're going to cover and what will be involved in the interactive portion.
Presentation Facility and Equipment
- What type of classroom or facility you need.
- Which session you prefer: session 1 from 10-11:45 a.m. or session 2 from 1:15 to 3 p.m.
- Do you need a smart classroom setup.
- Is there other non-computer equipment you need.
Student Facilitation Support
For questions about your presentation proposal please contact Cynthia Kaufman at email@example.com
; for questions about Survey Monkey, contact Mary Kay Englen at (408) 864-8322.